Cargo flowing more smoothly as ground handling disruption eases at Frankfurt
Ramp and warehouse congestion has eased at Frankfurt Airport, Europe’s biggest hub for air cargo ...
PRESS RELEASE Air Cargo Belgium and Brussels Airport Company’s dedicated Covid-19 vaccine taskforce, BRUcure, is
launching as of today a readiness label. This label can be used by companies in the taskforce and
indicates that a company is fully ready to transport, handle or store the Covid-19 vaccine. Furthermore,
the label strengthens the image of the taskforce company that is using the label. These are the
requirements to obtain the label:
• Should a company need to store the vaccine, they have a dedicated pharma storage. Based on
our exercise, there is approximately 30 000 m² of cold pharma storage at BRUcargo and it
seems to increase as some companies are extending their capacity.
• The companies who obtained the label also follow the BRUcure Guideline Document on top of
the existing Pharma Handling SOP’s and apply the guidelines that Air Cargo Belgium has
created where applicable.
• The companies use the Airside Pharma Transporter (APT) in procedure. It aims to guarantee
there is no temperature deviation for the Covid-19 vaccine shipments.
• The companies intend to implement the digital platform so called CargoFlow Explorer. It is a
digital solution developed by Nallian (invested by BAC) in order to get a full visibility for all
Currently, 15 companies within the BRUcure Taskforce have already obtained the label:
• Aviapartner Cargo
• Bolloré Logistics
• DHL Global Forwarding
• EFL Global
• FB Logistics
• Kuehne + Nagel
• Lufthansa Cargo (Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, Austrian Airlines)
• Singapore Airlines
• Swissport Cargo Services
• United Airlines
Congratulations to these companies!