© Khunaspix Dreamstime.

Here’s one that happened on the QT, and was announced today – the UK’s second largest intermodal rail operator, Freightliner, has come out of private equity hands with the sale of some 95% of its stock to US rail freight company Genesee & Wyoming for £490m. The remaining 5% of stock is set to stay in the hands of Freightliner’s management, most of which are expected to remain in place, according to its new owners. The effect on operations remains to be seen.

Comment on this article

You must be logged in to post a comment.