World Shipping Council Headlines
News / World Shipping Council tells EC: 'Ignore flawed ITF report on BER'
In what is rapidly becoming an escalating war of words, liner lobby group the World ...
News / Opposing sides step up war of words over liner block exemption regulation
As European lawmakers continue to assess whether to extend liner shipping’s block exemption from its ...
News / Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
Maersk Line is set to begin physically inspecting container contents as part of its efforts ...
News / Container shipping industry calls for five-year extension to block exemption regulation
Container liner industry groups today called for the European Commission to renew the block exemption ...
News / Bugs – could be the biggest issue in container shipping since VGM
The Global Shippers’ Forum (GSF) has warned that the “biggest issue since VGM [container weighing]” ...
People / Tim Wickmann becomes World Shipping Council's MD for Asia
The World Shipping Council (WSC) has appointed former Maersk executive Tim Wickmann as its new managing ...
News / 'Be realistic on compliance' plea from shipping as tough bunker rules loom
Shipping industry heavyweights are urging the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to “progress key issues” at ...
News / Shipping lobbies hit back at claims they don't support emissions reduction
Shipping lobby groups have fought back against claims they are obstructing efforts to fight climate ...
News / Shipping lobby groups slammed for 'blocking global progress' on emissions reduction
The shipping industry was today accused of blocking international efforts to curb pollution and greenhouse ...
News / Fewer containers being lost at sea, says World Shipping Council
The debate about how many containers are lost overboard at sea was reopened today. Liner shipping ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?