West Africa Headlines
News / Piracy again raising its ugly head in African waters, with 30 crew now held hostage
Pirates in the Gulf of Guinea are now believed to be holding more than 30 ...
People / OMA Group names Neale Proctor as group sales and commercial director
Neale Proctor has joined West African shipping agency OMA Group on a permanent basis, having ...
News / Fewer pirate attacks on ships, but violence and kidnapping on the increase, says IDB
Despite piracy on the world’s oceans falling “significantly”, the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) has reported a ...
Recommends / Bolloré caught up in corruption probe over West African port deals
First reported in French newspaper Le Monde, French anti-corruption officials this week raided the offices ...
Recommends / Two crew members kidnapped from CMA CGM ship off Nigeria
The Loadstar reported earlier this week that the main piracy hotspot in the world is ...
People / Neale Proctor appointed consultant to OMA Group
West African ship agency OMA Group has appointed veteran ship agent Neale Proctor as a ...
News / West African shippers forced to gamble as port reliability fails to improve
The extremely poor chances of a container arriving reliably at its African import destination are ...
- 1.UPS major healthcare offensive aims to exploit current FedEx weakness
- 2.Shock for 4,000 staff as battle to save Celadon ends in bankruptcy
- 3.Analysis: Supply chain awards 2019, and the winners (and losers) are...
- 4.Maersk’s OceanPro innovates in logistics industry through tech start-ups
- 5.Are carriers boosting low-sulphur fuel surcharges to make up for low rates?
- 1. Fenny.min on Air freight: year of the (flying) pig turns into the year of the BSA time bomb
- 2. Campisa on US warehouse supply catches up with demand, but rates remain lofty
- 3. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 4. Bill Fostwick on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 5. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules