United States Headlines
Recommends / What Amazon’s 'disintermediation' strategy means for American truckers
Interesting insight from Freightwaves offshoot Truckloadindexes.com into how Amazon (probably) intends to disrupt the North ...
Comment / Market Insight Exclusive: Toll Group's global restructuring – optimising, shrinking or preparing for a sale?
“With over 125 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive ...
News / Hwy Haul's digital platform to tackle America's driver shortage crisis
Driver shortages remain the number-one concern for many in the US haulage sector, but digital ...
News / Maersk to begin random container inspections over safety fears
Maersk Line is set to begin physically inspecting container contents as part of its efforts ...
Recommends / Why logistics will be key to any US conflict with Russia and China
While commercial supply chains are normally our focus at The Loadstar, there are sometime logistical ...
People / Vincent Touya takes over US operations for Dachser
German 3PL Dachser has named company veteran Vincent Touya (pictured above) as managing director of ...
News / MNX Global Logistics acquires express division of NGL
MNX Global Logistics has acquired the express division of Network Global Logistics (NGL) for an ...
News / Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
Recent rises in trucking prices in the US show no signs of abating, and despite ...
News / US imports hit new records in 2017, but ocean carrier indiscipline depresses rates
Despite US import volumes breaking new records last year, ocean carriers’ pricing indiscipline drove spot rates ...
News / Tough times ahead for North American port terminals as investors review their options
Financial investors in North American ports and operating terminals may face difficult choices in the next ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 4.Maersk targets frustrated shippers, offering 'no rolled cargo' service
- 5.AN-124-100 said to have been destroyed in Libyan fighting
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones