The final mile Headlines
News / Local knowledge the key to successful final-mile delivery, says DHL
Local knowledge is key to successful e-commerce delivery, with cultural differences affecting consumer expectations. At last ...
News / As e-commerce sales grow, 'free delivery' becomes more of a myth, says DHL
Ballooning urbanisation and the spread of smartphones has increased the complexity of last-mile logistics, according ...
News / Kuehne + Nagel goes the final mile with Zebraxx partnership deal
Kuehne + Nagel is set to expand its capabilities in the final-mile delivery sector, signing ...
News / Education the key to preventing dangerous links in e-commerce supply chains
Detection and prevention via education is the most effective way to prevent the transport of dangerous ...
News / 3PLs forced to act as e-commerce bites deeper into traditional forwarding
3PLs are boosting their final-mile and ‘white glove’ services in Europe, as e-commerce makes greater ...
Recommends / Carriers seriously thinking of taking last-mile deliveries in-house
The continued growth of e-commerce sales has led to a commensurate increase in last-mile deliveries to ...
Recommends / The hidden cost of poor retail deliveries: £5,300 per lost customer
Interesting stats – although as part of a PR push – on how much retailers ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 4.Maersk targets frustrated shippers, offering 'no rolled cargo' service
- 5.AN-124-100 said to have been destroyed in Libyan fighting
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones