The era of slow steaming Headlines
News / Environmentalists slam MEP74 lack of decision-making on ship emissions
“Shipping industry associations no longer represent the best interests of shipping companies,” was one damning ...
News / Carrier relief as MEPC fails to agree plan for mandatory speed limits for shipping
The 74th sitting of the IMO’s Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC) ended on Friday without ...
News / 'Forcing ships to steam even slower could have 'unintended consequences'
With the IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC) meeting in London this week to further ...
Recommends / Speed reduction plan favours old, inefficient ships, says Maersk
Maersk looks set to continue its derision of French speed limit proposals, due to be ...
News / 'We need to sail greener, not slower, to cut vessel emissions'
Policy director of the UK Chamber of Shipping Anna Ziou has slammed French proposals to impose speed ...
News / Leave it to shipowners to hit IMO CO2 reduction targets, says Denmark
Denmark’s International Maritime Organisation (IMO) delegation has proposed a “goal-based” approach for meeting short-term CO2 ...
News / Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
Container lines have objected to French calls for the IMO impose mandatory speed limits for ...
News / Life on Asia-Europe tradelanes: longer transits, fewer sailings, reduced capacity
Further evidence that Asia-North Europe shippers now have fewer booking options and must live with ...
News / Warning to shippers: more transhipment likely after IMO 2020
Analysts predict that the impact of IMO 2020 will mean slower ships and more transhipment. This ...
News / 2M drops eight port calls, adds six ULCVs and returns to slow-steaming in network revamp
The 2M alliance is to phase in six more ultra large container vessels (ULCVs) into ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 4.Maersk targets frustrated shippers, offering 'no rolled cargo' service
- 5.AN-124-100 said to have been destroyed in Libyan fighting
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones