The era of slow steaming Headlines
News / Warning to shippers: more transhipment likely after IMO 2020
Analysts predict that the impact of IMO 2020 will mean slower ships and more transhipment. This ...
News / 2M drops eight port calls, adds six ULCVs and returns to slow-steaming in network revamp
The 2M alliance is to phase in six more ultra large container vessels (ULCVs) into ...
News / 2020 low sulphur regulations could be 'the saviour' of container shipping
The IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap, to be imposed in January 2020, could be a “blessing ...
News / Speed limits for box ships the best way to hit emissions target, IMO told
Mandatory speed limits could be shipping lines’ best hope of achieving the IMO’s 2030 emissions reduction ...
News / Shippers fear huge surge in costs if IMO rules box ships must slow down
While shippers have been warned that low-sulphur regulations to be enforced globally in 2020 will ...
News / Slow-steaming still cheaper for container shipping carriers, despite record low bunker prices
Following Korean carrier Hanjin offering express container shipping services on two major tradelanes, industry analyst Alphaliner has questioned ...
Comment / Low oil price brings relief for containership operators, but slow-steaming benefits are lost
The jury is out as to whether the dramatic fall in oil prices in the ...
News / Demand for faster transit times could signal an end to era of slow-steaming
The era of global slow-steaming by container lines could be about to end with the ...
Recommends / 'Slow-steaming' can damage containers, warns BMT
The headline certainly catches the eye – how can slow-steaming harm a container? Well, it’s ...
- 1.Analysis: takeover bid for XPO Logistics just a matter of time – and share price
- 2.CMA CGM set to take full control of Ceva as it eyes end-to-end services
- 3.Supply chain radar: Bye Bye Ceva – it was short but shockingly good for the speculators
- 4.Supply chain radar: CMA CGM + Ceva + Geodis – the endgame
- 5.Life on Asia-Europe tradelanes: longer transits, fewer sailings, reduced capacity
- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 2. Gavin van Marle on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 3. email@example.com on Global economic headwinds blow a hole in PSA profits
- 4. Frederik deCockBuning on Still no news for cargo owners on retrieval of Yantian Express containers
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Analysis: takeover bid for XPO Logistics just a matter of time – and share price