North America Headlines
News / North American intermodal traffic hits the buffers, but some signals are brighter
That sinking feeling continues: the Association of American Railroads (AAR) is looking back on a ...
News / Edmonton flies high as medical grade cannabis market starts to grow
Cargo traffic at Edmonton International Airport (EIA) is reaching new highs with a mind-altering cargo: ...
Recommends / CN and CSX ink deal for intermodal service between eastern cities
Railroads Canadian National and CSX are partnering to take back control from North American trucking. ...
Perishables bonanza goes sour for forwarders in North America
Canada’s leading perishables forwarder is building a second leg to stand on – its core ...
News / US rail freight operators won't copy hauliers by trading price for volume
Rail operators are failing to take advantage of the difficulties plaguing North American haulage, but ...
News / DHL Global Forwarding feeling more bullish after a strong first quarter
DHL Global Forwarding’s strong first quarter has buoyed the division’s hopes for the year, with ...
News / TransX acquisition a boost for Canadian National's intermodal ambitions
Rail operator Canadian National (CN) has acquired Winnipeg-based haulier TransX Group for an undisclosed price, ...
News / North American rail freight stays on track, despite heavy increases in diesel
The main North American rail freight carriers are reporting record revenue growth and strong profits, ...
People / Angela Williams to succeed Andrew Glassman as CSX VP and controller
CSX has appointed Angela Williams as vice president and controller, succeeding Andrew Glassman who will ...
- 1.Outlook for large widebodies looks chilly in a hot freighter conversion market
- 2.ONE Apus and Maersk Eindhoven may be back on course this month
- 3.M&A radar: AP Møller-Mærsk LCL benchmark deal rumoured – our shortlist
- 4.Buoyant ocean carriers set to roll out peak season surcharges months early
- 5.Shipper and haulier anger at Liverpool as UK port congestion spreads north
- 1. [email protected] on UK fashion houses hit out at post-Brexit 'hidden costs' for EU customers
- 2. Mike Wackett on Shipper credulity strained after 2M's last-minute Asia-Europe blanking
- 3. [email protected] on Manila terminal chief pleads with owners to collect cargo as reefers pile up
- 4. [email protected] on Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
- 5. [email protected] on Big ambitions at Gdansk, but infrastructure could be a snag