Norfolk Southern Headlines
FW: Norfolk Southern's earnings looked strong on the surface, but they had plenty of critics
John Kingston of FreightWaves writes: “Although Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) touted its recent performance in releasing its ...
News / North American railroads enjoy strong third quarter, despite Hurricane Harvey
Hurricane Harvey failed to derail North American operators as intermodal revenue continued to rise in the ...
News / Cynthia Earhart new exec-VP and CFO at Norfolk Southern
Norfolk Southern has appointed Cynthia Earhart as executive vice president and chief financial officer, effective ...
News / North American rail freight operators steam ahead with positive H1 results
Results from North American rail freight operators for the first half of the year make ...
People / Keith Creel takes top job at CP, is Hunter Harrison set to take over at CSX?
Hunter Harrison has retired as Canadian Pacific’s (CP) chief executive. He has handed back $90m ...
News / Truckers bite into the rail operators' share of North American intermodal traffic
Intermodal traffic on North America’s railways lost out to cheaper trucking alternatives last year. More haulage ...
News / Hanjin suppliers and customers on a collision course over money and cargo
Hanjin suppliers and customers in the US are on a collision course as creditors continue ...
Recommends / Canadian Pacific abandons $28bn bid for Norfolk Southern
So that’s the end of that one – what an almighty waste of time. Ahead ...
Recommends / Fresh blow to CP Rail merger hopes as US transport chief opposes union with NS
Bill Shuster, a Pennsylvania Republican representative in the US Congress and chairman of the US ...
Recommends / UPS thumbs-down could push CP-NS merger deal onto the buffers
The giant US express operator has been one of the North American intermodal industry’s largest ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?