Military matters Headlines
Recommends / Why logistics will be key to any US conflict with Russia and China
While commercial supply chains are normally our focus at The Loadstar, there are sometime logistical ...
Recommends / FAA drops proposed limits on operations in Afghanistan
The US plans to impose additional limitations on US carriers – most of which are freighter ...
Recommends / The big machines bringing industry – and war – to the melting Arctic
Popular Mechanics’ Joe Pappalardo has put together a fascinating piece on developing logistics at the North ...
News / Airlines win new US military air freight contracts, but United stands back
Fourteen US airlines have won contracts, worth up to $228m over five years, from the ...
News / US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
US exporters and their freight forwarders are likely to come under increased regulatory scrutiny after ...
News / K+N under orders to quick-march British Army logistics into the 21st century
The logistics supporting British Army operations will be transformed after the opening of a new defence fulfilment centre ...
Recommends / Islamic State getting weapons from East Europe in ‘rapid’ new supply chain – arms expert
Analysis of the armaments supply chain now employed by Islamic State, which although much of ...
News / National Air Cargo claims United Airlines was offered $145m military contract unlawfully
US military contracts may be dwindling, but they remain highly competitive and there is still money ...
Recommends / US Army truck test could accelerate autonomous driving
If there’s one line of work that could clearly really benefit from driverless trucks, it ...
East-west air freight rates hit a new low, but US military makes up the numbers
As Drewry reports that air freight rates have fallen to their lowest-ever level on east-west ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 4.Maersk targets frustrated shippers, offering 'no rolled cargo' service
- 5.AN-124-100 said to have been destroyed in Libyan fighting
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones