Market insight Headlines
Comment / Market Insight: The DSV/Panalpina show must go on – is a deal now 'almost a certainty'?
Late afternoon on Monday, a London-based broker, Mr Arbitrageur, got in touch. “Any ideas what this means?” (See ...
Comment / Market Insight: Q&A with Hessel Verhage – the forklift operator who went on to run a multi-billion dollar business
“So now what? What is the answer to a freight forwarder/NVO differentiating themselves and growing ...
Comment / Market Insight: Damco FF – a people business, but does it have too many?
The past few years have been particularly hard for Damco. Its move from Copenhagen to The ...
Comment / Market Insight: There's no deal – what happened to M&A activity in Q2?
I recently argued that the outlook for multi-billion dollar deals in the supply chain remained ...
Comment / Market insight: a regional break up best for Panalpina, Mr Ulber?
I was impressed by the headline improvement in Panalpina’s interim results last week, despite markedly ...
Comment / Market insight: Pick-a-merger time for Hapag Lloyd as suitors line up
Hapag-Lloyd shareholder Michael Klaus Kuehne may have rejected the idea of a merger with CMA ...
Comment / Market Insight: An opportunity for APMM to entice Hapag-Lloyd to join the family
We witnessed the typical ‘long squeeze’ on Friday, when the shares of Hapag-Lloyd collapsed 20% ...
Comment / Market insight: the Amazon effect on the integrators in a zero-sum game
As it turned out, the good news from DP-DHL at the end of last year ...
Comment / Market Insight: could DSV be a target for a forwarder like Damco?
It is easy to suggest that DSV could soon bulk up inorganically and, consequently, just ...
Comment / Market Insight: WiseTech is eating it up, but Xpediator is coming for dinner
That was quick: only about ten weeks after I covered WiseTech Global (WTC) and its ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?