last mile Headlines
News / Local knowledge the key to successful final-mile delivery, says DHL
Local knowledge is key to successful e-commerce delivery, with cultural differences affecting consumer expectations. At last ...
News / As e-commerce sales grow, 'free delivery' becomes more of a myth, says DHL
Ballooning urbanisation and the spread of smartphones has increased the complexity of last-mile logistics, according ...
News / Walmart tries to Spark interest in new Uber-style home grocery deliveries
Walmart is shifting into ‘Uber’ mode again. Less than three months after its collaboration with ...
News / Locus bids to hurdle India's last-mile barriers with artificial intelligence
Bangalore-based start-up Locus is using artificial intelligence to overcome last-mile logistics challenges in India. In one ...
News / Amazon set to take on its own last-mile deliveries as supply chain costs rise
Deep in the Q&A session that followed the publication of its latest quarterly figures yesterday, ...
Recommends / Delving into the problems of Amazon's last-mile deliveries
Absolutely fantastic in-depth investigation into working conditions for subcontracted drivers operating the Amazon Flex programme, ...
News / New business and success of e-fulfilment service boosts Wincanton half-year results
UK logistics provider and haulier Wincanton today beat analysts’ expectations, reporting a half-year operating profit ...
Recommends / Carriers seriously thinking of taking last-mile deliveries in-house
The continued growth of e-commerce sales has led to a commensurate increase in last-mile deliveries to ...
Recommends / Amazon’s Whole Foods deal: the winners and losers
Morgan Stanley analysts believe Amazon’s decision to buy Whole Foods was less about developing a ...
- 1.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4.CMA CGM set to take full control of Ceva as it eyes end-to-end services
- 5.Supply chain radar: DSV up, Panalpina down – which one is really the takeover target?
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you