News / Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
Maersk Line is launching what it claims is an alternative to cargo insurance in response ...
News / Iran shipping sanctions beckon once more after Trump pulls US out of nuclear deal
Shipping lines serving Iran have a six-month window to leave or cease their operations in the ...
Recommends / As juries hold 3PLs responsible for carrier actions, broader insurance a necessity
In October, a US jury awarded a truck driver $15.5m in damages after he suffered what Freightwaves ...
Recommends / Express operator ZTO joins consortium to establish logistics insurer
Chinese express operator ZTO has joined a seven-member consortium to establish a logistics insurer. ZTO, ...
Recommends / P&I clubs open qualification programme to correspondents network
The International Group of Protection and Indemnity Clubs is to open its P&I qualification programme ...
Recommends / Nine out of ten US-bound containers are uninsured
As marine cargo insurers fret about massive claims they could face from an ULCV casualty, ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.Court orders seizure of five Volga-Dnepr AN-124s on safety grounds
- 4.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 5.More M&A in forwarding likely, as major players feel the need to 'keep up'
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones