News / Hapag-Lloyd unveils its own online insurance for ocean cargo
Hapag-Lloyd is piloting an online insurance product as part of a digital offering to try ...
News / 'Bigger box ships mean bigger risks for everyone'
It seems the ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) that have become the ‘new normal’ on the ...
News / Maersk aims to cover itself with an alternative to cargo insurance
Maersk Line is launching what it claims is an alternative to cargo insurance in response ...
News / Iran shipping sanctions beckon once more after Trump pulls US out of nuclear deal
Shipping lines serving Iran have a six-month window to leave or cease their operations in the ...
Recommends / As juries hold 3PLs responsible for carrier actions, broader insurance a necessity
In October, a US jury awarded a truck driver $15.5m in damages after he suffered what Freightwaves ...
Recommends / Express operator ZTO joins consortium to establish logistics insurer
Chinese express operator ZTO has joined a seven-member consortium to establish a logistics insurer. ZTO, ...
Recommends / P&I clubs open qualification programme to correspondents network
The International Group of Protection and Indemnity Clubs is to open its P&I qualification programme ...
- 1.An open letter to AF-KLM - please reconsider decision to ground 747 Combi
- 2.Emirates switches air freight operations back to Dubai International, for now
- 3.Force majeure: getting it wrong can be a very expensive business
- 4.EXCLUSIVE Market Insight: First casualty – ex-AP Møller Mærsk JV goes bust
- 5.New supply chain risks emerge as production lines restart in China's factories
- 1. Werner on Covid-19: Are you ready for a changed world?
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Pandemic Q&A : Is it legal, and safe, to carry cargo in aircraft passenger cabins?
- 3. email@example.com on Hamburg 'unfairly singled out' as container supply goes 'out of kilter'
- 4. Andreas Koût on Coronavirus may lead to 'largest decline in shipping volumes in living memory'
- 5. Derek Hendricks on An open letter to AF-KLM - please reconsider decision to ground 747 Combi