Index figures Headlines
News / How shippers can plot a course through the choppy economic waters ahead
After a volatile first quarter, ocean freight is heading into a more stable pricing environment, ...
News / Xeneta launches container freight rate index to help shippers find best deals
Crowd-sourced freight rate benchmarking platform Xeneta today unveiled a new container freight rate index to help ...
News / Peak season a let-down for China-US carriers as ocean rates continue to slide
After eight consecutive weeks of declining spot freight rates on the headhaul legs between China ...
Comment / Just what we wanted? A way to avoid 'the commodity trap'
Parties active in the global steel business frequently use index-based pricing to govern the quality, ...
Comment / Container shipping: would a freight exchange drive rate volatility out of the system?
Each week the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI), along with other index providers and rate ...
News / TAC Index will provide air freight rate transparency – and looks ahead to financial markets
Shippers and forwarders can now access a real-time spot market air freight rates, as well as the possibility ...
News / Carriers may differ in strategy, but their aim is to bolster Asia-Europe box rates for peak season
The Asia-Europe components of the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) lost further ground this week, ...
News / India overtakes China to become emerging market with the most logistics potential
India has replaced China as the emerging market with the most potential to grow, according ...
News / Plunging sea freight rates bad news for air cargo as price gap hits new record
The continuing frailty of maritime container spot freight rates could spur a new era of ...
Comment / Container shipping: the bigger picture is looking even gloomier, says BIMCO
BIMCO is the latest container shipping industry association to paint a gloomy picture of low ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?