News / Success of SM Line shows there is room for ambitious liner start-ups
Cheap containerships, together with a sustained period of reduced fuel costs and a recovering freight ...
News / Tradelane rivalry may scupper partnership of 14 Korean shipping lines, warns analyst
Yesterday’s partnership agreement between 14 South Korean shipping lines falls far short of the consolidation ...
News / Hanjin creditors can expect to get back less than two cents in the dollar
Thousands of creditors of bankrupt ocean carrier Hanjin Shipping can expect to get back less ...
Recommends / Shipping slump: why a vessel worth $60m is scrapped
Last year liner shipping was again in a sea of red ink, collectively posting a sixth consecutive ...
News / Air cargo rates boost after Hanjin collapse will be short-lived, says consultant
Airfreight rates benefited from false bargaining powers rather than any significant modal shift in the ...
News / Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
Following the bankruptcy of Hanjin, Taiwan’s Yang Ming is now the container line in the greatest financial ...
Recommends / HMM to buy stake in Hanjin's port terminal in US
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is to buy a 20% stake in Hanjin’s US port terminal ...
People / Cho Won-tae appointed president of Korean Air in wake of 'nut lady' scandal
Hanjin Group has promoted Cho Won-tae (pictured), son of group chairman Cho Yang-ho and brother ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
- 1.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM set to take full control of Ceva as it eyes end-to-end services
- 4.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5.Supply chain radar: Bye Bye Ceva – it was short but shockingly good for the speculators
- 1. Frederik deCockBuning on CMA CGM set to take full control of Ceva as it eyes end-to-end services
- 2. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 3. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you