fuel price rise Headlines
News / Carriers in with a chance of surviving IMO 2020 if they ditch the ‘freebies’
Drewry is expecting “marginally higher contract rates, higher fuel charges and better carrier discipline” this ...
News / Trade and politics split the fortunes of the two giants of Latin American trade
The two largest economies on the east coast of South America are set to see ...
News / CMA CGM hopes new mega-boxship bow design will be on the nose for economy
A steel cutting ceremony took place in China last week on the hulls of the ...
Recommends / OPEC moves toward raising oil supply to cool prices, as Iran softens stance
The logistics industry is more than aware of the inexorable rise in oil prices. But ...
News / Angry Chinese truckers in mass strike as fuel costs overtake haulage fees
Rising fuel prices and strikes have hit China’s truck market. Truckers across the country have staged mass ...
News / Drewry wades in as a wave of anger builds over carrier bunker surcharges
In the face of increasing anger from shippers over emergency bunker surcharges, shipping consultant Drewry too has ...
News / Cargo chaos in Brazil as truckers' strike hits fuel deliveries and closes factories
Brazil’s transport sector is coming under increasing pressure from multiple strikes causing fuel shortages forcing cancelled cargo operations. Last ...
News / Air freight market holding a steady course, but fuel hikes start to bite
While some of last year’s heat seems to have evaporated from the air freight market, it ...
News / No free pass for shippers as box lines forced to implement new bunker surcharges
Shipper hopes that carriers will not impose fuel surcharges have been shot down as Maersk ...
- 1.Emirates switches air freight operations back to Dubai International, for now
- 2.Forwarders set to hit reverse gear as demand falls and cargo starts to pile up
- 3.EXCLUSIVE Market Insight: First casualty – ex-AP Møller Mærsk JV goes bust
- 4.P&O Ferries lays off 1,100 staff as its passenger ferries go freight-only
- 5.Change of dynamic: air freight demand now 'the reverse of three weeks ago'
- 1. Alessandro Pasetti on Premium access in a war economy – every little helps
- 2. Jim on P&O Ferries lays off 1,100 staff as its passenger ferries go freight-only
- 3. email@example.com on Premium access in a war economy – every little helps
- 4. Mike Wackett on Investment in scrubbers starting to pay off as owners are offered 'double' rates
- 5. John Wick on P&O Ferries lays off 1,100 staff as its passenger ferries go freight-only