Freight Transport Association Headlines
News / FTA: Brexit won't help shortage of logistics workers and truck drivers
Brexit could exacerbate the worsening shortage of workers in the UK’s logistics industry if the ...
News / Dover aims for business as usual after Brexit, but no-deal will hit trade, Tories told
A no-deal Brexit could result in a decline in trade through the port of Dover ...
News / Some respite for operators as EU extends transport links after Brexit
The possibly of a brief respite presented itself to logistics operators preparing for Brexit as ...
News / Fears of 'no-deal' Brexit road and port congestion growing among hauliers
Hauliers are growing increasingly concerned by the confusion surrounding Brexit as the potential for a ...
News / UK logistics sector slipping down the global competitiveness league
Government and industry must work together if the UK is to avoid becoming less competitive. This ...
News / Whitehall must factor 'overlooked' freight into long-term infrastructure planning
Logistics stakeholders have welcomed the UK National Infrastructure Commission’s (NIC) latest report, which urges government ...
News / Freight operators welcome delay to HMRC Transitional Simplified Procedures
Freight operators have welcomed HMRC’s decision to delay implementation of the Transitional Simplified Procedures for ...
News / Birmingham 'listens to logistics' and exempts trucks from clean air zone fee
Logistics operators have welcomed Birmingham City Council’s one-year extemption for HGVs in its clean air ...
News / Whitehall issues draft tariffs for imports as no-deal Brexit looms
Preparing for a no-deal Brexit is now the base-case scenario for logistics firms and shippers ...
News / Logistics sector calls on PM 'to recognise the real jeopardy of a no-deal Brexit'
Supply chain operators are urging politicians to consider the logistics sector as the increasingly real ...
- 1.UPS and FedEx peak season delivery charges 'have more lasting bite this year'
- 2.Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 3.Cosco chief slams rivals' plans to be 'end-to-end' supply chain providers
- 4.LNG: the fuel of the future for containerships, or a 'disastrous' option?
- 5.Supply chain radar: Watch out for week 51 at Ceva Logistics. Happy Xmas?
- 1. Jon on Carriers may have halted container rate erosion, just as contract talks loom
- 2. Jon on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 3. Anoop on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 4. WSL on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 5. Martyn Benson on MSC the latest carrier pledging to avoid ecocide-hit Northern Sea Route