European Commission Headlines
News / Shippers' council slams block exemption rule and calls for liner consortia reform
As the European Commission continues its review of the liner shipping’s Block Exemption Regulation (BER), ...
News / Carriers and ports and shippers lock horns as EC reviews liner block exemption
The European Commission’s competition directorate has questioned whether the liner consortia block exemption regulation (BER) ...
News / Container shipping industry calls for five-year extension to block exemption regulation
Container liner industry groups today called for the European Commission to renew the block exemption ...
News / New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
The Council of Europe has agreed new rules covering the employment of truck drivers in ...
News / Two-year probe clears port of Antwerp of breaking EU state aid rules
A two-year investigation into whether Antwerp port authority broke EU state aid regulations in its ...
News / Drewry sides with those wanting extension to block exemption for joint liner services
Drewry has waded into the debate over the European Commission’s consultation on the block exemption ...
News / Container line alliances reduce shipper choice, says ITF as the EC reviews the rules
The EU should end the block exemption against forming consortia the liner shipping industry currently enjoys, says a new ...
Comment / A marketshare conundrum for liners, as expiry of EC block exemption nears
In a year and half, the deepsea alliance structure could find itself on the wrong side ...
News / Legal double-whammy hangs over container lines caught up in US Iran sanctions
Major container shipping lines that withdraw services from Iran, following the re-imposition of US sanctions, ...
Recommends / UPS sues EU for $2.1bn after botched veto of TNT bid
UPS is set to return to European courts to win compensation for alleged damages from its ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?