emergency bunker surcharge Headlines
News / 2020 sulphur fuel cap may spark a crisis for carriers that can't recover the cost
The IMO’s 0.5% sulphur fuel cap will cause an “existential crisis” for container carriers, unless ...
Comment / Analysis: supply chain players go head to head in a fight for pricing power
One of the thornier questions I have been struggling with lately is the priority of ...
News / Shippers want 'a market approach' dialogue on shipping line bunker surcharges
As crude oil races towards $100 a barrel, the European Shippers’ Council has called for “a ...
News / Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA
The British International Freight Association (BIFA) has criticised the proposed introduction of a new fuel surcharge ...
News / Maersk warns customers they must help pay its bigger fuel bills after 2020
Facing an extra fuel bill of more than $2bn a year, as a consequence of the ...
News / Peak season sees freight rates more buoyant and carriers bullish on price hikes
Container freight rates on the major east-west deepsea trades are beginning to lift as the ...
News / CMA CGM extends emergency bunker surcharge despite fall in fuel price
CMA CGM has decided to extend its controversial emergency bunker surcharge (EBS) to include cargo ...
Recommends / OPEC moves toward raising oil supply to cool prices, as Iran softens stance
The logistics industry is more than aware of the inexorable rise in oil prices. But ...
News / Container line profits this year will be wiped out by rising fuel and charter prices
A leading shipping analyst has drastically cut its 2018 ocean carrier profitability forecast from $5bn ...
News / Angry shippers accuse carriers of 'price-signalling' with 'unjustified' surcharges
The European Shippers Council (ESC) has accused container lines of price-signalling, following a wave of ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?