News / FedEx plans daily e-commerce deliveries in 2020 to maximise Ground fleet utilisation
FedEx plans to extend the Christmas shopping season throughout the year. After the 2019 Christmas ...
SA: E-Commerce is wiping out mall retailers one by one – here's the data
SA’s Wolf Richter writes: “Department store sales hit a new record low in the data ...
News / Vietnam e-commerce boom a headache for logistics players
Vietnam’s explosive e-commerce growth is providing big opportunities – and headaches – for online retailers and their ...
Recommends / China e-commerce boom fires-up logistics sector
As the battle between China’s e-commerce giants heats up, the country’s logistics operators – and ...
Recommends / Former Amazon exec targets LTL data to speed up XPO
As shippers become more focused on speed rather than quantity from their hauliers, XPO’s new ...
Recommends / Online shopping boom keeps air freight profit hopes high
Global trade tensions and weakened consumer confidence is, apparently, not enough to keep the air ...
News / US express giants pour cash into technology as e-commerce deliveries boom
Express operators are ramping up investments in automation and warehousing to offset margin pressures associated ...
Recommends / Amazon pushes merchants for more cross-border sales
Amazon is making a push for merchants on its website to sell goods into other ...
News / JD Logistics attracts $2.5bn investment to develop drones and robot systems
Alibaba rival JD.com has attracted some $2.5bn of investment to expand the reach of its logistics subsidiary, JD Logistics ...
Comment / Analysis: lean into the future – the logistics plans of JD.com and Alibaba
“What we need to do is always lean into the future, when the world changes ...
- 1.'An end to shipping alliances would see freight rates skyrocket'
- 2.Bimco goes grim, predicting a weak peak season for container shipping this year
- 3.First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 4.Maersk targets frustrated shippers, offering 'no rolled cargo' service
- 5.AN-124-100 said to have been destroyed in Libyan fighting
- 1. Jonathon Harris on Asia-North Europe carriers announce rate hikes ahead of peak season
- 2. Gagan Deep on First common digital standards for container shipping on the starting blocks
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Volga-Dnepr leaseback deal brings three new 777Fs, despite market turbulence
- 4. jeff Lozinski on US pushes for blockchain solution to better control pharma supply chain
- 5. Russ Green on Farewell to a freight industry veteran and friend, journalist Ian Martin Jones