Department for Transport Headlines
News / Whitehall unveils financial support package for British ferry industry
The UK Department for Transport (DfT) has announced financial support for the UK’s ferry sector, ...
News / Operators pledge emergency capacity to relieve post-Brexit shortages
Eight transport operators have signed up to a government procurement network providing emergency capacity for ...
News / Whitehall splashes out £30m to help ports, roads and rail cope with Brexit
Government grants to help ports prepare for a no-deal Brexit have been welcomed by operators, ...
Comment / Brexit sails from one storm in a port to another: want to talk about it?
The decision by the UK’s Department for Transport earlier this week to cancel the contracts ...
News / Transport secretary Grayling 'acted illegally' in awarding Brexit ferry contracts
UK transport secretary Chris Grayling may have broken the law by awarding contracts for ro-ro ...
News / Whitehall unveils its vision for UK as the 'world's leading maritime nation'
The UK government has outlined plans to develop the country as a “global test bed ...
News / RHA raps DfT for lack of consultation over new plan for M20 truck queueing
The UK Road Haulage Association (RHA) has criticised the Department for Transport (DfT) for not ...
News / New arguments for and against use of longer semi-trailers on UK roads
A fresh row has broken out about the use of longer semi-trailers (LSTs) on UK ...
- 1.Forwarders slam Maersk: 'moving from supplier to becoming a competitor'
- 2.Market Insight: Mærsk to Schenker & friends: 'You're welcome. Now leave us alone.'
- 3.Warning to air charterers: phantom freighter scams on the rise
- 4.'We're sold out' says ONE, but we all face new hurdles in 'this incredible year'
- 5.Turnover and profits down as Kuehne + Nagel struggles through the pandemic
- 1. [email protected] on Importers angry as UK box ports buckle under 'abnormal demand'
- 2. Rayhan ahmed on Warning to air charterers: phantom freighter scams on the rise
- 3. D Kumaar on Carriers are using digitalisation to marginalise us, say forwarders
- 4. robin on As more aircraft are scrapped, 'we must aim to recycle every part of them'
- 5. [email protected] on Forwarders slam Maersk: 'moving from supplier to becoming a competitor'