People / Mark Frese to replace Nicolás Burr as CFO of Hapag-Lloyd
Hapag-Lloyd has appointed Mark Frese (pictured above) to replace Nicolás Burr as its chief financial ...
News / CSAV takes a hit after UASC merger with Hapag-Lloyd
This year’s merger of United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) with Hapag-Lloyd has pushed the German shipping ...
Comment / Container shipping consolidation “a route to survival” but not if customers are lost in the process
According to Drewry there is more benefit in container lines pursuing growth through acquisition “rather ...
News / CSAV acquisition seems to have helped Hapag-Lloyd turn 2014 losses into a profit in 2015
Hapag-Lloyd yesterday announced a preliminary unaudited EBIT (earnings before interest and tax) of just $20m ...
News / Reduced price of Hapag-Lloyd share offer means heavy losses for existing investors
It has been tumultuous week for Hapag-Lloyd as the German carrier pressed to push through ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd: 'profits from a challenging Q2 prove our merger with CSAV was right'
The newly-merged Hapag-Lloyd managed to stay in profit in a “very challenging” second quarter of ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd CSAV merger gets green light from EC competition commission
The EC’s competition commission has cleared the proposed merger of container shipping lines Hapag-Lloyd and ...
News / News that CSAV is the least profitable boxline overshadows Hapag-Lloyd merger
The scale of the challenge facing Hapag-Lloyd’s management team overseeing the integration of CSAV has ...
News / Same again, as Hapag-Lloyd racks up a $237m H1 loss ahead of CSAV takeover
“Once again the announced freight rate increases could not be implemented,” said German ocean carrier ...
News / Loss-making CSAV revamps liner division to prepare for merger with Hapag-Lloyd
In preparation for its container business merging into a “new” Hapag-Lloyd this year, troubled Chilean ...
- 1.UPS major healthcare offensive aims to exploit current FedEx weakness
- 2.Analysis: CMA CGM's saving of Ceva is not by magic, there will be pain
- 3.Another step to becoming 'a global integrator': Maersk in 4PL contract with Syngenta
- 4.Maersk’s OceanPro innovates in logistics industry through tech start-ups
- 5.M&A radar: 3 targets for DSV Panalpina... why not 30? But only one stands out
- 1. Campisa on US warehouse supply catches up with demand, but rates remain lofty
- 2. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 3. Bill Fostwick on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 4. Alex Lennane on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules
- 5. John Q Publicus on US cargo airlines face another legal push for tighter pilot work and rest rules