News / CSAV takes a hit after UASC merger with Hapag-Lloyd
This year’s merger of United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) with Hapag-Lloyd has pushed the German shipping ...
Comment / Container shipping consolidation “a route to survival” but not if customers are lost in the process
According to Drewry there is more benefit in container lines pursuing growth through acquisition “rather ...
News / CSAV acquisition seems to have helped Hapag-Lloyd turn 2014 losses into a profit in 2015
Hapag-Lloyd yesterday announced a preliminary unaudited EBIT (earnings before interest and tax) of just $20m ...
News / Reduced price of Hapag-Lloyd share offer means heavy losses for existing investors
It has been tumultuous week for Hapag-Lloyd as the German carrier pressed to push through ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd: 'profits from a challenging Q2 prove our merger with CSAV was right'
The newly-merged Hapag-Lloyd managed to stay in profit in a “very challenging” second quarter of ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd CSAV merger gets green light from EC competition commission
The EC’s competition commission has cleared the proposed merger of container shipping lines Hapag-Lloyd and ...
News / News that CSAV is the least profitable boxline overshadows Hapag-Lloyd merger
The scale of the challenge facing Hapag-Lloyd’s management team overseeing the integration of CSAV has ...
News / Same again, as Hapag-Lloyd racks up a $237m H1 loss ahead of CSAV takeover
“Once again the announced freight rate increases could not be implemented,” said German ocean carrier ...
News / Loss-making CSAV revamps liner division to prepare for merger with Hapag-Lloyd
In preparation for its container business merging into a “new” Hapag-Lloyd this year, troubled Chilean ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you