Cost consciousness Headlines
News / CMA CGM looks to save $1 billion in costs after losses in a 'difficult' second quarter
After posting a second-quarter net loss of $128m, French shipping line CMA CGM has drawn ...
News / Cost advantages of ultra large container vessels are disappearing due to low oil prices and overcapacity
The continuing cost-per-slot supremacy of ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) was called into question by speakers ...
News / Lufthansa Cargo to axe 800 jobs in a bid to save costs and prop up falling revenue
Lufthansa Cargo told staff on Friday that up to 800 of them would lose their jobs ...
Recommends / NOL did not adapt fast enough, says CEO
A frank assessment of where it all went wrong for APL owner NOL, from its ...
Recommends / Buyer-supplier relationships will never really change
A depressing thought for many carriers trying to make a buck… but probably true. This ...
News / xChange 'greybox' platform could save carriers millions in repositioning costs
A new approach is needed to reduce the enormous costs involved in moving empty containers ...
Only cheap bunker fuel keeping container shipping lines profitable, says Drewry
Just how much money would container shipping lines be losing if it weren’t for the ...
News / Carriers need to shave more costs from box shipping as rates continue to fall
Container shipping lines will have to shave another 2% off their costs “just to stand ...
Recommends / Air cargo roundtable: 'carriers should drive risk and cost from supply chain'
Logistics Management has published a short roundtable on air cargo – which includes comments from ...
News / Carriers abandon 'charade' of new GRIs while costs are falling faster than rates
Spot rates on the Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) for Shanghai to North Europe tumbled ...
- 1.UPS and FedEx peak season delivery charges 'have more lasting bite this year'
- 2.Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 3.Cosco chief slams rivals' plans to be 'end-to-end' supply chain providers
- 4.LNG: the fuel of the future for containerships, or a 'disastrous' option?
- 5.Supply chain radar: Watch out for week 51 at Ceva Logistics. Happy Xmas?
- 1. Jon on Carriers may have halted container rate erosion, just as contract talks loom
- 2. Jon on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 3. Anoop on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 4. WSL on Maersk may be on course to lose its crown as the world's biggest box carrier
- 5. Martyn Benson on MSC the latest carrier pledging to avoid ecocide-hit Northern Sea Route