Christmas peak Headlines
News / Forwarders must act smarter to prevent peak cargo congestion, says Heathrow
Heathrow Airport has defended its peak season plans – but warned forwarders, hauliers and handlers ...
News / Panalpina at the forefront to avoid air freight peak season pandemonium
Faced with a repeat of last year’s air freight peak season pandemonium, forwarders and shippers ...
News / IAG Cargo annual revenues beat the €1bn mark, as airlines reap the rewards of the capacity crunch
They will not be the only ones to announce significant growth in 2017, but both ...
News / Air freight industry failed its high-paying customers in a fourth quarter of 'complete mayhem'
The fourth quarter of last year was “complete mayem”, as an unprepared air cargo industry ...
News / E-commerce retailers hit in the wallet by return of record number of unwanted gifts
Take-back Tuesday, Wing-back Wednesday – monikers for e-commerce days continue to abound. This week has seen ...
News / A chance to test your knowledge of the big news events of 2017
The sinking of Hanjin in 2016 was the major story that still rippled through 2017, while an unexpected ...
Recommends / Interview with Santa Claus: a very complicated logistics strategy
CILT has interviewed Santa Claus, who reveals that while his gift distribution strategy may look ...
Recommends / Surging online orders slow Walmart and UPS deliveries
Surging online deliveries are creating backlogs in US supply chains with both Walmart and UPS ...
Recommends / UPS, overwhelmed by online orders, warns of delivery delays
Oh dear. There is always (at least) one. This year it’s UPS’s turn to battle ...
News / FedEx chief says 'we will come out stronger' after $300m cyber attack
FedEx believes the the cyber attack which hit its subsidiary TNT will cost $300m. It’s the same amount fellow ...
- 1.DHL boss Appel praises 'tireless employees', but axes 2,200 jobs in UK
- 2.Containership demolition increasing, but scrap prices have fallen 25% this year
- 3.Shippers pressured into no-roll premiums as full ships give carriers the edge
- 4.Analysis: DSV & CMA CGM ahead – pick the jockey dumped by the horse
- 5.Market Insight: DSV shakes the verticals as another Panalpina exec departs
- 1. Elinor Parker on Baltic Exchange teams with Freightos to launch new freight index
- 2. Jose Guerrero on How will insurers cover shippers with containers stranded across the world?
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Market talk: turning the A380 into a cargo-only aircraft could be a huge mistake
- 4. Alessandro Pasetti on Analysis: DSV & CMA CGM ahead – pick the jockey dumped by the horse
- 5. DV on Analysis: DSV & CMA CGM ahead – pick the jockey dumped by the horse