Chinese New Year Headlines
News / Weaker demand will drive spot rates down post-CNY – but by how much?
The Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) did not publish today, due to the Chinese New ...
News / Transpacific spot rates soften early as carriers prepare for post-CNY slump
The last Shanghai Containerized Freight Index (SCFI) before the Chinese New Year holiday has recorded ...
News / Return of AE2/Swan service dampens carrier hopes of Asia-Europe rate hike
The reactivation of the 2M’s AE2/Swan Asia-North Europe loop this week has poured cold water ...
News / Carriers drop price hike plans as container rates plunge after Chinese holiday
Container spot rates from Asia fell sharply this week as the full impact of China’s ...
News / Year of the dog sees ocean carriers' rate hike bid become a bark not a bite
After the failure of Asia-North Europe carriers to push rates up before the start of ...
News / Carriers slow rate slide, but some are 'grabbing anything at any price'
Just ahead of the all-important annual contract rate negotiations there is evidence today that Asia-Europe ...
News / Containerships 'full to the gunwales' on Asia-North Europe as rates hit 20-month high
Containerships sailing from Asia to North Europe are running “full to the gunwales” ahead of ...
News / Buyers ignore GRIs and Asia-Europe spot prices tumble again in run-up to CNY
General rate increases (GRIs) announced by Asia-Europe carriers for today have failed to arrest the ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?