News / Cosco is to buy OOCL – 'almost a done deal' says insider
China’s Cosco Shipping may be about to announce that it is to acquire Hong Kong-based carrier OOCL. An ...
Comment / Analysis: Rickmers, banking and bullfights; who is next for the sword?
Regular readers of this column are likely to be aware of my background in banking. ...
News / Continuing dock strife delays Cosco purchase of stake in Spanish port sector
The labour dispute that is disrupting the Spanish port sector has also held up the sale of ...
News / Carriers may be getting containership capacity crisis under control at last
Container shipping lines may be finally getting the vessel overcapacity crisis under control. It was revealed today ...
News / No need for more transhipment hubs in South-east Asia, TOC delegates told
The chances of a creating a fourth container transhipment hub in South-east Asia appear to ...
Comment / Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
China’s state-owned COSCO Shipping Holdings is unsinkable – yet its latest annual results, on 31 March, confirmed ...
Recommends / China's COSCO Shipping reports $1.4bn loss for 2016
Another staggering loss in container shipping. This time it’s Cosco, with a fairly significant $1.44bn ...
News / CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
CMA CGM and China Cosco are the two most likely carriers to buy OOCL, should its ...
News / China Cosco and Qingdao buy Vado stakes as port sector M&A activity heats up
China Cosco Shipping Ports has invested €53m in APM Terminals’ Vado operation in return for ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you