Cargo Safety Headlines
Recommends / Container feeder vessel capsizes at Bandar Abbas
And yet another ship has gone down, possibly with up to three crew members injured. ...
News / Technology and data sharing can mitigate the risks of carrying dangerous goods
The aviation and maritime sectors should work together to mitigate risks in the declaration and ...
News / Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
Some 40% of e-commerce shippers are unaware of dangerous goods regulations – “a very alarming” ...
News / General average 'likely' as another blaze breaks out on a containership
Yet another container vessel has caught fire – the latest casualty is the 9,200 teu APL Vancouver, off the Vietnamese ...
News / Fire-hit Yantian Express sails for safe harbour in the Bahamas
Stricken Hapag-Lloyd containership Yantian Express will sail to Freeport, after “considerable” progress in salvage operations after ...
News / Other carriers should copy Maersk and spot check containers, says TT Club
Global shipping insurer TT Club has commended Maersk’s decision to begin random spot checks on ...
News / ISO invites comments on first global standards for operating drones
Next year will see the adoption of the first worldwide standards for operating drones. The International ...
News / TT Club says still more needs to be done to ensure container safety
As the IMO’s sub-committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers meets in London this week, TT ...
News / Customers warned arrival of Maersk Honam containers could be delayed for months
Maersk Line has confirmed the “most likely” port of refuge for the fire-damaged Maersk Honam as Jebel Ali, ...
Comment / Blog alert on the ease of cyber attacks on ships was pure scaremongering
Last month a much-reported blog – included in The Loadstar – claimed “sinking ships [via hacking], ...
- 1.Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 2.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 5.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?