Black gold Headlines
News / Transpacific box rates still slipping as tariff talk hangs over peak season
Container spot rates on the transpacific suffered again this week: Asia to the US east ...
News / CMA CGM extends emergency bunker surcharge despite fall in fuel price
CMA CGM has decided to extend its controversial emergency bunker surcharge (EBS) to include cargo ...
Comment / Analysis: Who is holding who hostage as bunker prices wreak havoc with P&L?
The debate surrounding bunker costs has a familiar ring – more than a few distressed ...
News / CMA CGM and Zim blame rising fuel costs as they join the list reporting Q1 losses
CMA CGM and Zim each posted first-quarter losses last week. Both pinned the blame on escalating fuel costs, ...
News / New CMA CGM flagship so efficient it can save $20,000 every sailing day
The CMA CGM Antoine De Saint Exupery, delivered on Friday, will burn 25% less fuel due to its ...
Comment / Analysis: the container shipping industry and its major players in 2018
Whatever your instinct might tell you about container shipping’s prospects this year – and you ...
News / Rising oil price poses another profitablity problem for containership operators
Escalating fuel prices are posing a renewed risk to carrier profitability, adding to the twin ...
Recommends / There's a new power in the fuel debate
With last week’s news that CMA CGM would power its new 23,500 teu “megamax” vessels ...
Recommends / No rally to $70 a barrel for oil this year
One theme of today’s news is rising cost levels, which have begun to hit the margins of ...
- 1.Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 2.Another box ship crew forced to abandon ship as containers catch fire
- 3.CMA CGM now controls 89.5% of Ceva Logistics after tender
- 4.Transpacific BCOs 'sitting on their hands' as spot rates tumble
- 5.Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 1. Christian Moller on Forwarders need not fear Maersk's 'one-stop shop' ambitions, says CEO
- 2. Archie D'Souza on Teach e-commerce shippers dangerous goods rules and criminalise those who break them
- 3. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 4. Dirk Peters on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you
- 5. Moronkola Olatunde on Abandoned containers – who pays? Forwarders, it could be you