Barge congestion Headlines
News / DHL Express to make a splash with delivery option using Thames barges
DHL Express is targeting a roll-out of delivery barges on the Thames this year, as ...
News / Sewerage project shows how the Thames could again be a major cargo route
London is facing the perfect opportunity to revitalise the Thames’s reputation as a working river ...
News / Barge operators hit by new charges as Rhine water levels sink to new lows
Barge operators have been hit by water levels along the Rhine being at their lowest in almost ...
News / India's forwarders eye more use of barges to reduce logistics costs
India’s government and logistics operators are looking to barges to bring down the cost and improve ...
News / Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
Some 30 containerships are without a berth in the Antwerp region, following a 24-hour walkout ...
News / Shippers face surcharges on boxes by barge as summer heat hits Rhine water level
Shippers are facing increased costs and delays on Europe’s inland waterways as soaring summer temperatures ...
News / Stakeholders put their heads together to solve port of Antwerp barge congestion
Port of Antwerp stakeholders have committed to improving barge transport services at the Belgian gateway, ...
Kramer and RWG launch service to ease barge congestion at Rotterdam
While the Rotterdam port community continues to wait for the port authority to agree to fund construction ...
News / Barge operators hit back: 'congestion in Benelux ports not our fault'
Barge operators have denied any responsibility for the congestion plaguing inland container terminals across Benelux ports. Spokesperson ...
News / No relief for barge operators waiting for berths at congested Benelux ports
Benelux ports continue to suffer congestion woes – one barge operator reporting waiting five days to get ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 3.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 4.Carriers wield the axe on more Asia-North Europe sailings to 'stop the rot'
- 5.Toll Group opts for Kontainers as forwarder plans online booking service
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?