At the crossroads Headlines
News / Middle East ports' appetite for capacity expansion won't be satisfied by volumes
The Middle East Gulf region could be faced with substantial overcapacity of container terminal and ...
News / Container lines scramble for new trade routes as Gulf strengthens Qatar 'blockade'
As transport operators serving the Middle East Gulf region scramble to adjust to its rapidly changing ...
Comment / APMT Tangier investment could turn the Straits of Gibraltar into a new global logistics hub
APM Terminals has earmarked another €750m investment in the western Mediterranean after signing a 30-year ...
Recommends / Airline battle brews in Gulf as Iran eyes regional hub role
Iran is looking to take on the Gulf hubs as a new transit point for ...
Recommends / Dubai's Emirates Group posts 65% jump in H1 net profits
Emirates released its half-year financial results last week – and reported a 65% rise in ...
Comment / Rich, resourceful and real: Qatar Airways Cargo is a rival to be feared - or joined
Qatar Airways means business. This carrier is not playing at cargo. It has big ambitions, ...
News / The UAE must find the right balance for sea-air shippers as competition grows
Despite an estimated 40% decline in sea-air shipments over the UAE, David Phillips, president of ...
Recommends / LH's Gerber urges WTO to encompass cargo and ensure fair competition
Lufthansa Cargo boss Peter Gerber has called on the WTO to become a “neutral agent” ...
Recommends / FedEx and Atlas team up for alliance against Big 3 protectionist stance
It’s hard to see how the big three US airlines are going to get their ...
Recommends / United CEO plays fast and loose with facts in speech on Gulf carriers
Another skirmish in the long-running battle between the US and Gulf carriers. Qatar Airways has ...
- 1.New Digital Container Shipping Association is aiming to make a splash
- 2.Cargolux to receive three 747-400ERFs as maintenance programme begins
- 3.Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 4.Kuehne + Nagel claims first 'guaranteed' and 'greener' FCL service
- 5.South Korean carriers SinoKor and Heung-A to merge container operations
- 1. Gary Ferrulli on Boxing clever can help reduce the growing cost of empty container repositioning
- 2. DTL on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 3. Craig Buchanan on FTA calls for urgent action as UK faces worsening driver and logistics staff shortage
- 4. Andrew Craig-Bennett on Carriers shudder at French speed limit proposal for containerships
- 5. Martyn Benson on Another box line bankruptcy looming as IMO 2020 costs mount up?